Revision Military, the recognized global leader in ballistic and laser eye protection, launches into the head protection arena with the introduction of its new Batlskin Head Protection System. Having personally witnessed how well Revision eyewear works, I’m anxious to see if the first fully integrated and fully modular solution of its kind will be looked at by the military. The Batlskin Head Protection System combines groundbreaking technology and design, with new materials and innovative processes to deliver an all-new ballistic helmet shell, trauma liner, front mount, retention system, mandible guard and visor. The result is a single, fully integrated system that provides excellent protection from blunt force, blast and ballistic threats, with a lightweight wearability for peak performance.
“The product of several years of research and development work, we’re proud to introduce the Batlskin system at a critical time. The unfortunate reality is that wartime head and face injuries are at an all-time high,” explains Jonathan Blanshay, CEO of Revision. “The Batlskin Head Protection System not only makes radical leaps forward in helmet and liner technology; its integrated visor and mandible guard could also greatly reduce the incidence of traumatic brain injury (TBI) in blast situations. At the same time, the modular and scalable nature of this system provides soldiers with the unique ability to quickly armor-up and -down as the threat environment dictates.”
Here are the specs as laid out in their press release:
The Batlskin Lightweight Helmet uses advanced shell technology to achieve weight reduction while increasing ballistic performance. Its rigid construction is engineered to withstand blunt force, blast and ballistic threats.
• Hybridized layers of materials bonded through innovative manufacturing processes provide the next generation of combat helmet shells
• Enhanced ballistic performance, at minimum 20% lighter than current shells for long-wear comfort
The Batlskin Impact Liner uses dual foam technology for superior fit, comfort and impact absorption. Its multi-level design allows for cooling and stability while shim pads afford a custom fit.
• Exceeds EN 397, Canadian CG634 and U.S. ACH impact standards
• Lightweight, sweat-wicking materials offer superior comfort and wearability
The Batlskin Ergonomic Retention System employs one-handed adjustment buckles for ease of use and straight-line-force design for stability—even with night vision equipment.
• Integrates with Batlskin head protection system ensuring no interference with communications equipment or when sighting a weapon
• Comfortable nape pad and cabretta leather-lined chin strap allow for superior wearability
The Patented Batlskin Multi-Purpose Front Mount allows for the rapid attachment of protection enhancing devices such as the Batlskin visor and mandible guard. Ingeniously, it also doubles as a universal NVG mount with a lightweight and durable construction for modern-day battlefield use.
• Provides excellent stability for NVG use and other surveillance devices
• Core piece that seamlessly integrates Batlskin visor and mandible guard
The Batlskin High-Threat Mandible Guard provides lightweight blunt force, blast and ballistic protection for the lower jaw. Its durable, low-profile design is engineered for rapid attachment and removal while on the fly.
• Seamlessly integrates with all Batlskin modular components even when sighting a crew served weapon
• Alternative polycarbonate or lightweight wire cage mandible guards available for different threat levels
The Batlskin Three-Position Visor provides blunt force, blast and ballistic protection, flawless optics and maximum field-of-view. Designed for quick donning and doffing while on the move, it is scratch, fog and chemical resistant.
• Locked, vented and up positions allow for full ballistic coverage, breathability & adjustability
• Visor frame, seal and arm ensure secure attachment to the helmet during blast overpressure stresses